1. Professor, Department of Medicine I, Clinical Division of Oncology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
2. Director, Outpatients Unit “Homeopathy in Malignant Disease”, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
3. Chairperson, WissHom (Scientific Society for Homeopathy), Köthen, Germany
Academic Editor: Michael Frass
Special Issue: Application of Homeopathy in Oncology Patients
Received: November 14, 2019 | Accepted: November 14, 2019 | Published: November 14, 2019
OBM Integrative and Complementary Medicine 2019, Volume 4, Issue 4, doi:10.21926/obm.icm.1904063
Recommended citation: Frass M. Highlights of Application of Homeopathy in Oncology Patients: An Interview with Prof. Michael Frass. OBM Integrative and Complementary Medicine 2019;4(4):2; doi:10.21926/obm.icm.1904063.
© 2019 by the authors. This is an open access article distributed under the conditions of the Creative Commons by Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium or format, provided the original work is correctly cited.
1. As a leading expert in Homeopathy, could you please tell us what exactly does “Homeopathy” mean and what categories does this subject cover? Can you explain the principles of homeopathy with a straightforward example?
Prof. Frass: The principle of homeopathy is the “Law of Similars”: A remedy causing symptoms in a healthy person may be able to cure a patient with similar symptoms. E.g. Belladonna causes fever, dilated pupils and headache in a healthy person; Belladonna may heal a child suffering from similar symptoms.
2. In current, does homeopathy be widely used in the treatment of oncology patients worldwide? In addition to treating patients with oncology, what other diseases does Homeopathy have an outstanding advantage in treating? Can pregnant women and children use homeopathy?
Prof. Frass: Yes, homeopathy is used worldwide as an additive measure in cancer. Also, it can be used in pregnant women and children when administered professionally.
3. What are the differences between Homeopathy and traditional therapies in treating chronic diseases? Is it possible to combine the two therapies?
Prof. Frass: It is possible to combine homeopathy and traditional therapies in chronic diseases, e.g. acupuncture and traditional Chinese medicine.
4. Have you and your friends or families ever been treated with Homeopathy? Can you share the feelings with us?
Prof. Frass: Yes, many friends and patients use homeopathy and have observed positive effects.
5. What are the current challenges in this area? How will you counter the current medical community concerns about Homeopathy? What is the strongest evidence that homeopathy is reliable, effective and worth choosing?
Prof. Frass: The strongest evidence besides metaanalyses are the many reports by successfully treated patients worldwide.
6. Besides Homeopathy, what other aspects of your recent research you’d like to share with us? Or will you attend or hold relevant academic conferences recently?
Prof. Frass: I am interested in complementary medicine and also in airway management.
7. What distinguishes this special issue from others in the field, why should researchers subscribe this special issue book?
Prof. Frass: This issue described the use of homeopathy in cancer patients and is therefore important for any health care workers to alleviate the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation therapy and to improve life quality.