(1) Background: Dementia erodes the quality of life of patients and their caregivers, and the growing dementia population threatens public finance in the health and social services. In addition to formal medical treatments, complementary and alternative medicine is applicable to dementia, in which a [...]
Oncologic patients are often suffering from side effects of conventional therapy such as chemotherapy, radiation and/or surgery. In order to support those patients, additive complementary medicine, such as homeopathy might be helpful. Several case reports as well as studies report beneficial effects [...]
The prevalence of chronic disease seen in the world today is actually due to the failure of our present knowledge base and its inability to discover the root cause of many disease states. Three seemingly unrelated case presentations - Fibromyalgia, chronic Lyme disease and Sarcoidosis are presented [...]
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian medicinal practice. The present review includes translational research characterizing obesity, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH).
We reviewed published research on improving function through Ayurvedic medicine by searchi [...]
The value of mindfulness for clinical staff in the mental health field has thus been increasingly recognised over recent year and thus is now culminating in the evaluation and, potential future role out, of whole system approaches like Open Dialogue that put clinician mindfulness at the heart of the [...]
The treatment by auricular therapy has a long history. Ear acupoint research has been advancing step by step worldwide [1-17] . The introduction of lasers into medicine brought besides the already existing stimulation with needles, electricity, pressure and liquids an additional technique to auricul [...]
What is spirituality? There have been and will continue to be so many differential definitions and explanations regarding this vitally important concept and questions over our present, past and future seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years, centuries and millennia and there is no way to [...]
(1) Background: Qigong is a kind of traditional Chinese exercise combining breathing, movement, and meditation in order to keep fit for the purpose of preventing disease and prolonging life.
(2) Methods: Within this short article some topics like clinical efficacy and mechanism of health-care Qigon [...]
(1) Background: Acupoint stimulation physical therapy (ASPT) is a novel method of physical therapy that combines physical and acupuncture methods. This study aimed to examine the effect of ASPT in three hemiplegic patients with cerebrovascular disease using F-wave as a measure of the excitability of [...]
(1) Background: Within this study, we assessed the effects of acupuncture on heart rate variability (HRV) in Chinese post-stroke patients. (2) Methods: In 30 Chinese post-stroke patients (14 f, 16 m; mean age ± SD 64.3 ± 3.8 years; range 40 – 80 years) electrocardiographic signals before, during and [...]