Background: There are mixed findings regarding the effectiveness of selected directed forgetting (SDF). On psychological and physiological grounds, SDF may influence forgetting and subsequent memory enhancement via multiple mechanisms, including, for example, executive control and the Rac1-Cofilin p [...]
(1) Background: An adapted yoga intervention was delivered to seven individuals with chronic traumatic brain injury. The purpose of this study was to explore and describe the participants’ experience of engaging in the 8-week intervention.
(2) Methods: Using a phenomenological design, data were col [...]
As alternative forms of medicine have become increasingly popular, research on the health benefits of meditation has grown. Specifically, Mindfulness Meditation, Transcendental Meditation, and Qigong have been shown to be effective in treating psychological disorders, enhancing immune function, and [...]
Background: People suffering from Multiple Sclerosis (MS) commonly use Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) due to the partial efficacy of conventional treatment, the chronic aspect of MS, the impact of pain and the side effects of medication. An exploratory descriptive case study consisting [...]
• Treatment of mood and anxiety disorders with supplements, herbs and nutraceuticals (dietary supplements) is at this point viewed as an integrative or alternative treatment, however these substances have been around for quite some time and are regarded as basic to the unde [...]
What is meditation? A tool that empowers you to create your life through working it from inside out, beginning with a thought.
There is a story. A father had two sons: one felt a victim of life. He viewed his life through the prism of “My childhood was difficult. My father was an alcoholic. The rea [...]
Background: This time series analysis investigated variations in psychic and somatic anxiety during and after completion of MBCT compared to baseline in patients diagnosed with BD. Secondary variables considered were sleep quality and quality of life, as well as depressive and manic symptoms.
(1) Background: The purpose of this systematic review was to appraise the empirical evidence and refereed literature pertaining to medical students and the integration of mindfulness and physical exercise regimens.
(2) Methods: A systematic review protocol was implemented. Five databases [...]
Background: Mindfulness meditation (MM) is an increasing area of interest for health professionals and the general public alike. Beneficial outcomes are associated with this practice; however, definitions of mindfulness and meditation are varied, and anecdotal accounts suggest that people hold misco [...]
We propose a framework for understanding meditation that can support greater scientific rigor in conducting meditation research, and selecting meditation health interventions. There are no consistent and rigorous standards for describing meditation research interventions. This impedes rigor of medit [...]